A new WMUR Granite State Poll indicates New Hampshire residents, including gun owners, are strongly in favor of legislation that would limit access to guns:
- 94% favor background checks on anyone attempting to purchase a gun to determine if they have been convicted of a felony
- 91% favor background checks before anyone could buy a gun at a gun show
- 84% favor a law to prevent people with mental illness from buying a gun
- 64% favor a ban on military-style assault weapons
- 63% favor a federal government database to track all gun sales
- 61% favor a ban on ammunition clips that hold more than 10 rounds
The Granite State Poll is conducted by the University of New Hampshire Survey Center. The results are based on telephone interviews of 581 New Hampshire adults with a margin of error of +/- 4.1%. The survey was conducted on January 30 - February 5, 2013 on landline and cellular telephones.